Skip to main content

Riots break out at world's hottest Hip hop event

Kendrick Lamar, Chris Brown, Trey Songz and Big Sean were all scheduled to play at the event, billed as "the hottest hip hop event of the year."robbinews.blogspot.com
New Jersey State Police guarding the gates outside of the Hot 97 Summer Jam 2015 at MetLife Stadium had bottles thrown at them by people in the crowd who were trying to get inside -- some without tickets -- and they later used tear gas to try to disperse them, according to officials.
Kendrick Lamar, Chris Brown, Trey Songz and Big Sean were all scheduled to play at the event, billed as "the hottest hip hop event of the year."
State police said crowds of people tried to "illegally" force their way into the sold-out concert Sunday night and became upset when the gates were closed and blocked off by police in riot gear. 
Police said crowds began climbing over fences and forcing their way through security personnel. The gates to the stadium were shut and troopers were called in to help maintain order, police said.
An armored state police vehicle began blasting a piercing loud noise to try to disperse the crowd and police later deployed tear gas.
A state police spokesman said some arrests were made, but the number of arrests wasn't immediately known.
Photos and video on Twitter and Instagram showed large crowds, trash-strewn streets and barricades overturned in the stadium's parking lot. 
Images also showed police in riot gear using large military-style vehicles to try to disperse the crowds.
Concertgoers revealed to NBC 4 New York, that people who legally bought tickets that cost hundreds of dollars were still turned away and told to leave. Emmis New York, which owns the radio station Hot 97, said they'll refund tickets for those people.
"When fans realized tickets were not available at the box office, a small number of people created an unsafe environment, and for the safety of all guests, the New Jersey State Police were on scene to disperse the crowd. The gates were closed at that time. No further entry was permitted into the event," the radio station said in a statement.
It wasn't immediately clear if there were any injuries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reality star banned from Vogue Magazine!

 For breaking the 'No Selfie' rule at the 2015 Met Gala in May, the 'KUWTK' star will no longer be appearing in the pages of the magazine Kim has been banned from appearing in Vogue Magazine by the Editor-in-Chief, Anna Wintour after breaking the rules at the 2015 Met Gala by taking selfies. It was reported that the head of Vogue instituted a 'No Selfie' rule at the biggest fashion event in New York last May, and Kim was one of the many celebrities to break it. According to the June 15 issue of OK Magazine , it’s now forbidden to even mention Kim in pages of Vogue and according to an insider, the embargo may also stems from the backlash Wintour received from putting Kim and Kanye West on the May 2014 cover . The source adds that Kim ignoring Anna's rule at the 2015 Met Gala was the last straw, and ''until further notice, Kim isn’t allowed in Vogue, by name or by picture.'' This wouldn’t be the first time that Vogue has d...

Diego Simeone Atletico Madrid coach vacations in Marbella with girlfriend

Atletico Madrid Diego Simeone and his model girlfriend Carla Pereira were pictured letting their heads down in the resort of Marbella. Simeone showed off his stripped abs as him and his model girlfriend Carla Pereira were seen relaxing before the Argentine kicks off the season proper with Atletico Madrid. The 45-year-old started dating Carla Pereira last year and the couple decided to spend time together at the resort. The pair were also spotted riding bikes around the town and relaxing on a large sunbed. Before hitting the beach with his girlfriend, Simeone oversaw with a 2-0 win against Numancia on Saturday in a pre-season game

N.D.L.A and other prevented from arresting Senator-elect Buruji Kashamu by Court order

A Federal High Court in Lagos has restrained the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) and other security agencies from arresting Senator-elect, Buruji Kashamu . The order was given on Wednesday, May 27, 2015, after a previous ruling instructing NDLEA officials to vacate Kashamu’s residence. Officials of the agency had invaded Kashamu’s house on Saturday, May 23, 2015, in a bid to arrest and extradite him to the US to face drug charges.