Skip to main content

PDP 'Buhari and Osinbajo's assets declaration is deceptive' - party says

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has faulted the assets declared by President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday, September 3, saying its a mere "deceptive window-dressing to hoodwink unsuspecting Nigerians”
In a statement signed by PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh on Friday, September 4, the President's statement in March, promising he would declare his assets publicly was recalled.
It read, “I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liability and also encourage my political appointees to publicly declare their assets and liability."
The party said Buhari and Osinbajo have failed to produce copies of their declarations, detailing the exact nature and value of respective assets.
The statement reads,  “We have noted the release of a flimsy list of belongings of President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo by the Presidency, who want such to pass as the public declaration of assets as pledged by the President.
“Nigerians are not deceived by this poor attempt at window-dressing designed by the Presidency to hoodwink the unsuspecting populace in a desperate bid to shore up its diminished image.
“We ask, is the resort to a mere list, instead of true copies of the declaration not a ploy to give the Presidency a window for denial in consonance with their widely observed inclination for flip flopping, backtracking and brazen denials of their statements and actions?
“All we want is credibility, integrity and sincerity of purpose. We are not questioning how a President, who by December last year, declared that he had only N1 million in his account, could suddenly now list N30 million in the same bank account by May 29, and after an expensive campaign; we are not yet demanding the public declaration of his assets in his wife’s name.
“We are not even applauding the multiplication of his cows from 150 to 250 in a space of three months, arising from his dual and conflicting pronouncements on this issue“What the PDP and discerning Nigerians demand is for Mr. President to always stand by his words and pledge.
“Mr. President, this is a mere list of your belongings and not public declaration of assets in fulfillment of your covenant with Nigerians”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money Doublers Two men paraded in Kwara for attempting to dupe woman of N700,000

The suspects were apprehended after the victim raised an alarm concerning the fake promise. They were about to collect an additional sum of N500,000 from the woman. The Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), have paraded two fraudsters in Kwara State, for attempting to dupe a businesswoman of the sum of N700,000. According to the  Daily Post , the suspects promised to double the money for the woman using a chemical. Pedro Awili , the state commandant of the NSCDC, said that the men first approached the woman telling her that they needed N100,000 to buy the chemical. ALSO READ: Three young Nigerians set to receive honours Following this, it was reported that they returned to collect a N500,000 balance for the job. It was at this point that the woman reported them to security operatives who arrested them. Awili said,  “This led to the arrest of the two men who gave fake names and states of origin to the woman,” the Commandant added, noting that the two ...

Country qualifies for World Cup for first time -Iceland

It was only two years ago that Iceland qualified for a major finals for the first time. Less than 18 months after sensationally knocking England out of Euro 2016, Iceland qualified for the World Cup for the first time on Monday following a 2-0 win over Kosovo. Needing victory to guarantee top spot in European qualifying Group I, goals from Everton star  Gylfi Sigurdsson  and  Johann Gudmundsson  ensured Iceland would be on the plane to Russia 2018. "I thought after Euro 2016 that the hardest thing would be to motivate ourselves again,"  admitted Iceland coach   Heimir Hallgrimsson . "The first beer after a party is not the best. The hardest thing was to get going again after our massive party in France." "And what's more in a group contested between Croatia, Turkey, Ukraine and Finland, who are much better than their position in the group would have you believe." "The success is not an end in itself but a long journey towards a final ...

“The whole nation has failed these children,” Tunde Bakare says

Bakare spoke on Sunday, April 10, 2016, during a special sit-out of the Bring Back Our Girls group in Abuja. he Senior Pastor of the Latter Rain Gospel Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare has lamented the continuous captivity of the over 200 Chibok Girls who were abducted on April 14, 2014. Bakare spoke on Sunday, April 10, 2016, during a special sit-out of the Bring Back Our Girls group in Abuja, Vanguard reports. “The whole nation has failed these children. Parents, families and friends of our dear daughters, I am here today not just to speak to you, but to speak to the nation and to the world as one of you," he said. “I'm here as a father burdened by the captivity of our daughters, and I am here as a friend. I am here to express our frustrations and to speak of our undying hope as we wait expectantly for the return of our dear Chibok girls. “We are not unmindful that the Nigerian state failed to provide security for our daughters as they gathered to write ...