Skip to main content

“PDP has shut me out, I’m heading to APC” – Ndoma-Egba

The immediate past Senate Leader, Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba, has disclosed that he is defecting to the All Progressive Congress from the Peoples Democratic Party.

Ndoma-Egba said the reason for his planned defection is due to the fact that the PDP has been hostile to him for some time, and has shut him out of the party.
“For three years, I have not been invited to any meeting of the PDP in Cross River State and this is understandable. The party shut its doors against me a long time ago. I still have political life and I have no plans to retire from politics. And to play politics, I need a platform and PDP has become hostile and inhospitable, so I move on.”
Ndoma Egba, who disclosed this during an interview, said that the PDP mismanaged its fortunes and relationships.
“The governors appropriated the party in the states and the state chapters became their personal property and only their wishes prevailed. The party lost any claims to internal democracy. Impunity and arrogance reigned in the party.
“Even with the loss of power at the centre, the PDP is yet to wean itself from arrogance and impunity, it is yet to realise that things have changed fundamentally and that they must adapt to the new times.
The APC six chapter chairmen in Cross River Central had been here to invite me to join the party. The zonal vice-chairman (central) has formally invited me to join; the elders of the party have also invited me to the party. I am consulting widely, both at the national, state, zonal, chapter and ward levels of the party and I am being welcomed.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money Doublers Two men paraded in Kwara for attempting to dupe woman of N700,000

The suspects were apprehended after the victim raised an alarm concerning the fake promise. They were about to collect an additional sum of N500,000 from the woman. The Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), have paraded two fraudsters in Kwara State, for attempting to dupe a businesswoman of the sum of N700,000. According to the  Daily Post , the suspects promised to double the money for the woman using a chemical. Pedro Awili , the state commandant of the NSCDC, said that the men first approached the woman telling her that they needed N100,000 to buy the chemical. ALSO READ: Three young Nigerians set to receive honours Following this, it was reported that they returned to collect a N500,000 balance for the job. It was at this point that the woman reported them to security operatives who arrested them. Awili said,  “This led to the arrest of the two men who gave fake names and states of origin to the woman,” the Commandant added, noting that the two ...

Country qualifies for World Cup for first time -Iceland

It was only two years ago that Iceland qualified for a major finals for the first time. Less than 18 months after sensationally knocking England out of Euro 2016, Iceland qualified for the World Cup for the first time on Monday following a 2-0 win over Kosovo. Needing victory to guarantee top spot in European qualifying Group I, goals from Everton star  Gylfi Sigurdsson  and  Johann Gudmundsson  ensured Iceland would be on the plane to Russia 2018. "I thought after Euro 2016 that the hardest thing would be to motivate ourselves again,"  admitted Iceland coach   Heimir Hallgrimsson . "The first beer after a party is not the best. The hardest thing was to get going again after our massive party in France." "And what's more in a group contested between Croatia, Turkey, Ukraine and Finland, who are much better than their position in the group would have you believe." "The success is not an end in itself but a long journey towards a final ...

“The whole nation has failed these children,” Tunde Bakare says

Bakare spoke on Sunday, April 10, 2016, during a special sit-out of the Bring Back Our Girls group in Abuja. he Senior Pastor of the Latter Rain Gospel Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare has lamented the continuous captivity of the over 200 Chibok Girls who were abducted on April 14, 2014. Bakare spoke on Sunday, April 10, 2016, during a special sit-out of the Bring Back Our Girls group in Abuja, Vanguard reports. “The whole nation has failed these children. Parents, families and friends of our dear daughters, I am here today not just to speak to you, but to speak to the nation and to the world as one of you," he said. “I'm here as a father burdened by the captivity of our daughters, and I am here as a friend. I am here to express our frustrations and to speak of our undying hope as we wait expectantly for the return of our dear Chibok girls. “We are not unmindful that the Nigerian state failed to provide security for our daughters as they gathered to write ...