The wife of the President, Mrs Aisha Buhari, has called for a probe into how the budget for the State House Medical Centre is being utilised . The call comes barely one week after the management of the hospital said it would seek the commercialisation of the centre to boost its revenue. “I said I must be treated in Nigeria because there is a budget for an assigned clinic to take care of us. If the budget is N100 million, we need to know how the budget is spent. “Along the line, I insisted they call Aso Clinic to find out if the X-ray machine is working; they said it is not working. They didn’t know I am the one that was supposed to be in that hospital at that very time,” she added. Mrs Buhari, who addressed a gathering today (Monday) in Abuja, decried the “lack of facilities”, including syringes, at the hospital despite the huge budgetary allocation and ongoing construction there. “Few weeks ago I was sick as well, they advised me to take the first fligh...
Comments
Post a Comment